Dairy & Casein Free, Detox & Cleanse Information, Healthy Bites & Recipes, Vegetable• on November 4, 2010• Leave a Comment
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 shallots, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 2 Tbs. EVOO
- 1 1/4 pounds maitake, shiitake, oyster, or white button mushrooms, broken into clusters or sliced (about 8 cups)
- 1/4 c nipped fresh mixed herbs such as tarragon, rosemary, basil, oregano, and/or parsley
- 1/4 tsp.coarse salt or sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. cracked black pepper
- In a large skillet cook garlic and shallots in hot oil over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add maitake mushrooms.
- Cook, carefully stirring occasionally, for 10 to 12 minutes until tender. (Button and oyster mushrooms will take a total of 6 to 8 minutes; shiitake mushrooms need only 4 minutes.)
- Stir in herbs, salt, and cracked pepper.
Loaded with antioxidant and great dish to serve with chicken, steak or veal.