I cannot say enough about this soup! Every bite is a treat, every spoonful contains a little different combinations of flavor teasing you into the next bit and the next bite!!!!!!!! This is a fabulously healthy soup
- 1 large diced onions
- 1 head Nappa green cabbage, coarsely sliced and chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 6 stalks of celery
- 3 large carrots sliced
- 1 medium yellow squash diced
- 1 lb brussel sprouts
- 1/2 head chopped cauliflower
- 1/4 cup olive or grape seed oil
- tablespoon of sea salt
- lots of black pepper
- 1-28oz can organic whole tomato
- 1-28oz can organic diced tomatoes
- 1-28oz can organic tomato puree
- 1/2c mined fresh parsley
- 1/2c minced fresh basil
- 1/2c minced fresh chives
- Get out the 8 quart pot.
- Boil 1 quarts of water in a kettle.
- Dice onions and garlic
- Add celery, carrots and squash
- Cover the bottom of the pot with olive or grape seed oil and stir-fry the above veggies. Add at least a tablespoon of sea salt and lots of black pepper. When hot, not tender, pour in the boiling water and boil another kettle of water.
- Add to the soup and boil: tomatoes and puree,
- Slice a whole cabbage as small as you’ll be comfortable eating, and to avoid really bad slurping noises. Put it in the pot as you go .
- Add fresh parsley,basil and chives.
- Cover the pot and boil the heck out of it. It’s done when the celery is no longer hard and the thick bits of cabbage are a bit translucent. The pot can cool overnight on the counter before you store it in the fridge.
EAT AND ENJOY:)