on February 28, 2012
Salmon patties are great anytime of the day, for breakfast, lunch of diner and super heart healthy!!
They are a great substitue for your daily burger if you are wanting to eat more fish and less red meat. Try them, I know that you will like them:)
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can canned salmon
- 1 egg or 2 Tbs ground flax
- 1/4 cup chopped onion (optional)
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs or corn meal
- 1 TBS EVOO
- Drain and reserve liquid from salmon.
- Mix egg/ground flax, onion, bread crumbs/corn meal and salmon together.
- Make into patties.
- If mixture is too dry to form into patties, add reserved liquid from salmon.
- In a frying pan, heat olive oil. Place patties in pan. Brown on each side, turning gently.
- Gently salt if desired.
Serving options :
- On a bed or fresh or steamed spinach.
- Topped off by 1 over easy egg
- Sliced tomato and lettuce
Super Green Smoothie is a great way to start your day or a great pick-me-up in the afternoon. The smoothie is refreshing and a fabulous way to get more veggies in!
- 2-3 handfuls organic washed, dried spinach
- 1/2 chopped pear with peel
- 1 chopped apple with peel
- 1/2 c water
- 2 cups ice
- Place spinach, water, pear & apple in a blender or food processor.
- Blend well 2-3 minutes.
- Add in ice and blend 3-5 minutes until mixed well.
- Serve immediately.
- Makes 2-3 servings.
* can add 4-8 ounces of club soda or mineral water.
OPTIONS: You can add any fruit that you want. I like to substitute 3/4 cup frozen strawberries and mangos for the apple and pear. Anyway you mix it, you can’t go wrong!!!
Kale chips are super easy to make , super healthy and yummy!! I can’t make them fast enough in my house and if I take them to the office, I have to hide them:) So instead of making that late night bowl of popcorn or chips….. try munching on some kale chip! They are also a great after school snack:)
- 1 lb. washed dried , deveined kale and torn into pieces.
- 1 1/2 TBS EVOO
- 1-3 TSB Sea salt
- Place kale in a gallon size Baggie
- Add the EVOO and sea salt
- Seal bag and shake & mix for 3-5 minutes
- Place seasoned kale on a baking sheet lined with parchment
- Bake 10 min then toss and turn. Repeat every 3-5 min till crispy.
- You may need to remove some of the chips as they get done.
- Remove from the baking sheet as the kale gets crispy.
- Store in an open container.
on February 1, 2012
I do not usually promote services at my office, however……………. I feel so strongly and have had soooo many patients and readers wanting clarification on purification and cleansing, I am offering two different workshops ( no charge!)
Purify your body! Transform your life through whole food purification!
Monday February 6th 1:00-2:00 or
Wednesday February 15th 6:30-7:30
Cardin Wellness Center
9159 West 133rd Street. Overland Park, Kansas 66213
Call and reserve your spot today!
Come and learn why it is important for us to assist our bodies in removing toxins….. This program gives you a structural 21 day plan for purifying, nourishing and maintaining a healthy body in 2012!
Are you truly feeling the best your body has to offer?
You may not know how good you could feel until you purify!
Our environment is loaded with chemicals, toxins, pesticides and an army of pollutants that bombard our skin on the outside and either our bodies through our lungs and digestives systems. On the inside our bodies produce toxic byproducts in the course of our normal metabolic activity. Our bodies contain multiple, built-in waste-removal systems. While the bulk of the cleansing process takes place in the lower and gastrointestinal tract, the kidneys, skin and lymphatic system are also actively involved in ridding the body of toxins. Many different herbs contain ingredients that enhance the body’s ability to efficiently remove both metabolic and environmental toxins.
Hope to see you all at the workshop:)
Sincerely and in good health,