Salmon patties are great anytime of the day, for breakfast, lunch of diner and super heart healthy!!
They are a great substitue for your daily burger if you are wanting to eat more fish and less red meat. Try them, I know that you will like them:)
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can canned salmon
- 1 egg or 2 Tbs ground flax
- 1/4 cup chopped onion (optional)
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs or corn meal
- 1 TBS EVOO
- Drain and reserve liquid from salmon.
- Mix egg/ground flax, onion, bread crumbs/corn meal and salmon together.
- Make into patties.
- If mixture is too dry to form into patties, add reserved liquid from salmon.
- In a frying pan, heat olive oil. Place patties in pan. Brown on each side, turning gently.
- Gently salt if desired.
Serving options :
- On a bed or fresh or steamed spinach.
- Topped off by 1 over easy egg
- Sliced tomato and lettuce