If you are looking to add more healthy vegetables, vitamins and minerals into your diet…….. try using spaghetti squash in your favorite pasta dish:)
- 1 large Spaghettti Squash
- 1 roasted garlic
- Salt and pepper to take
- Butter or EVOO for the squash
- 1 large tomato, diced or chopped
- 1/2 cup of chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp. EVOO
- 1/2 tsp. mined garlic
- 2 TBS. EVOO
- 2-3 garlic cloves, sliced and minced
- 1 medium finely chopped onion
- 20 oz. stewed tomatoes
- 1 Cup fresh Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 Cup fresh basil leaves
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat over to 350F.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half length-wise.
- Plcae on baking sheet and bake 25-30 minutes, until tender.
- Remove from the oven and shred the squash with a fork. It will look like spaghetti.
- Add some roasted garlic, butter/EVOO and/or salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate bowl mix the chopped tomato, fresh basil, EVOO and minced garlic. Mix thoroughly and add to the cooked squash.
- In a medium sauce pan heat on high. Add the olive oil, garlic chad onions for the marinara sauce.
- Cook till soft and then add the remaining ingredients.
- Stir the sauce occasionally and reduce to a simmer or 10-15 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over the spaghetti squash:)