Mary thank you for your request:) Let me know how you like it!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 very ripe banana (this is where the ‘sweet’ comes from, the riper the banana, the sweeter it is)
- 1 t. vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 T. coconut oil or Almond butter
- Dash of salt (also optional, but it ‘brings out’ the chocolate flavor)
- ½ c. cocoa powder (I used Special Dark cocoa powder, as it is the lowest carb I could find, for a less intense dark chocolate flavor, I would use regular cocoa powder)
- Place avocados (peeled and seeded, obviously) and banana in a food processor, pulse until smooth.
- Add vanilla, coconut oil, salt and cocoa, continue processing until the mixture is very thick and smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides once or twice.
- Spoon into bowls and enjoy.
- According to the recipe I found, this pudding freezes well and tastes kind of like a fudge cycle when partially defrosted. (I haven’t tried that theory out yet) I do know that the banana flavor intensifies after it has been refrigerated for a day or two. The original recipe called for honey, but I try to stay away from any sweeteners other than fruit, so I subbed the banana, and I liked the combination of the strong chocolate flavor with the subtle banana undertones.