Super great meal that the whole family will enjoy. This is a single serving so just multiply to your family size.
- 6 oz Halibut
- 3/4 cup Raw green snap beans
- 3/4 cup Boiled carrots
- 3/4 tsp Extra-virgin olive oil (Amore)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Slivered raw almonds
- 1 cup Strawberries
Preheat grill or nonstick pan.
Season fish with desired spices and grill approximately 5 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily with fork.
Serve with steamed or boiled green beans and carrots drizzled with olive oil and slivered almonds. Enjoy fruit for dessert.
Approximately 400 calories.
- 3 cup Raw spinach
- 1 cup Sliced raw sweet red pepper
- 6 oz Canned pink salmon
- 1 tsp Olive oil (Bertolli)
- 1 tbsp Progresso balsamic vinegar (Progresso)
- 1 cup Blueberries
- Mix spinach and red peppers in a large bowl.
- Top with salmon and oil and vinegar salad dressing.
- Enjoy with fruit for dessert.
The mixture of flavors of the chilies, ginger and lime with the salmon is sure to warm any soul!
- 1.5-2 lbs. salmon fillet with skin
- 2 Tbsp. fresh coriander
- 2 red chillies
- 1 Tbsp. black peppercorns
- 3 Tbs. fresh grated ginger
- 2 lemongrass stalks
- Fresh lime peel from 4 organic/unwaxed limes
- 2 Tbsp. Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 4 Tsp. Himalayan Crystal Salt or Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 handful of sesame seeds
- For the marinade wash the coriander, drain it and hack it into fine pieces. Crush the peppercorns in a mortar, wash the chillies, halve and deseed them and cut into fine pieces.
- Wash the lemongrass and cut into thin slices. Wash the ginger and cut into small dices.
- Mix the coriander with the lime peel, ginger, lemongrass, pepper, chili, salt, oyster and Bragg’s Liquid Aminos.
- Lay the salmon fillet skin side down into a form which the salmon fits in and spread the marinade evenly over the salmon filet. Cover the salmon with cling film and let the marinade soak in for two days in the fridge.
- Roast the sesame seeds in a frying pan without any fat until they turn golden. Remove the whole marinade from the salmon fillet after two days and sprinkle the sesame seeds onto the salmon.
- To serve cut the salmon into thin slices.
This a super easy recipes that all the family is sure to LOVE!!
- 1 egg or egg replacer
- 2 Tbs yellow mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs Lemon pepper
- 1 1/2 C instant potato flakes
- 1/4 C. EVOO
- 4 (6 oz.) sole or cod fillets
- In a shallow dish whisk together egg, mustard and salt.
- In a separate dish place instant potatoes and lemon pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil.
- Dip fish into filets into egg mixture and then in potato mixture. For extra crispy dip into egg mixture again.
- Fry fish in hot oil for 3 to 4 minutes.
- place 2 Tbs of EVOO on a 9 x 11 baking dish.
- After coating fish in the potato flakes place in baking dish
- Cook at 400F for 10-12 min, until fish is flakey but still moist.
on February 1, 2010
This is a fantastic recipe from my neighbor! ENJOY!!! Remember fish is loaded with Vitamin D. So if you are one of those people who really miss the sun in the winter months, EAT MORE FISH
Cumin, coriander, and paprika lend these fish tacos a delightfully warm, smoky flavor. They’re the perfect foundation for the zippy sour cream sauce. For an appealing variation, substitute peeled medium shrimp for the snapper or romaine in place of cabbage.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 tacos)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise (optional)
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 pounds red snapper fillets or any white fish of choice ( Mahi, tilapia…)
- Cooking spray
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
Preheat oven to 425°.
To prepare crema, combine the first 8 ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
To prepare tacos, combine cumin and next 5 ingredients (through garlic powder) in a small bowl; sprinkle spice mixture evenly over both sides of fish. Place fish on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 9 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Place fish in a bowl; break into pieces with a fork. Heat tortillas according to package directions. Divide fish evenly among tortillas; top each with 1/4 cup cabbage and 1 tablespoon crema.
This is so delicious, even the pickiest of eaters will love this. The seasonsing will carmelize on the top sealing in the flavor. And lets not forget that salmon is rich in Vitamin D and omega oils!
- 2 LBS FRESH SALMON
- 2-3 TBS EVOO OR MELTED BUTTER OR GHEE
- 2-3 TBS BROWN SUGAR
- 1/2 CHILI POWDER
- 2 TBS LEMON PEPPER
- WASH AND PAT DRY THE SALMON WITH A PAPER TOWEL
- ADD 1 TBS TO EVOO OR BUTTER TO THE BOTTOM OF A LARGE BAKING DISH
- APPLY REMAINING 2 TBS OF EVOO OR BUTTER TO TOP SIDE OF THE SALMON
- LAYER SEASONING ON TOP SIDE OF SALMON….. LEMON PEPPER THEN CHILI POWDER AND THEN BROWN SUGAR
- BAKE 400F FOR 12-18 MIN DEPENDING ON SALMON THICKNESS