Approx. Calories : 100
22.5% Carbohydrates (11.87g)
11.8% Protein (6.21g)
65.7% Fat (15.38g)
- 3-4 stalk(s) Celery stalk
- 2 tbsp Sunflower seed butter
- Fill celery sticks with sunflower seed butter and enjoy as a quick and easy snack.
*Please note that any other nut or seed butter can be used in replacement of sunflower seed butter.*
Approximately 400 calories.
- 3 cup Raw spinach
- 1/2 cup Sliced raw onion
- 1/2 tsp Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp Progresso balsamic vinegar
- 2 large Omega-3 egg
- 1 oz Nonfat cheddar cheese or rice cheese ( optional)
- 1 tbsp Dry roasted pine nuts or walnuts
- 1 medium Mandarin oranges (medium)
- Mix spinach, onions, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper to taste in a bowl.
- Top with slices of boiled egg, shredded cheese and nuts.
- Enjoy with a side of fruit.
Smoothies are a great way to get energy on the run!!
This is one of my favorite smoothies and a fantastic way to get your veggies in:)
- 1 cup water
- 2 Roma tomatoes, halved
- 1 lime, peeled, halved
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks, core included
- ¼ cucumber, peeled, diced
- 2 cups fresh spinach, washed\1/4 avocado, pitted, peeled
- 2 celery stalks, halved
- 8 sprigs parsley
- 2 carrots, halved
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix or blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and quickly increase speed to Variable 10, then to high.
- Blend for 45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached and ENJOY!
I cannot say enough about this soup! Every bite is a treat, every spoonful contains a little different combinations of flavor teasing you into the next bit and the next bite!!!!!!!! This is a fabulously healthy soup
- 1 large diced onions
- 1 head Nappa green cabbage, coarsely sliced and chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 6 stalks of celery
- 3 large carrots sliced
- 1 medium yellow squash diced
- 1 lb brussel sprouts
- 1/2 head chopped cauliflower
- 1/4 cup olive or grape seed oil
- tablespoon of sea salt
- lots of black pepper
- 1-28oz can organic whole tomato
- 1-28oz can organic diced tomatoes
- 1-28oz can organic tomato puree
- 1/2c mined fresh parsley
- 1/2c minced fresh basil
- 1/2c minced fresh chives
- Get out the 8 quart pot.
- Boil 1 quarts of water in a kettle.
- Dice onions and garlic
- Add celery, carrots and squash
- Cover the bottom of the pot with olive or grape seed oil and stir-fry the above veggies. Add at least a tablespoon of sea salt and lots of black pepper. When hot, not tender, pour in the boiling water and boil another kettle of water.
- Add to the soup and boil: tomatoes and puree,
- Slice a whole cabbage as small as you’ll be comfortable eating, and to avoid really bad slurping noises. Put it in the pot as you go .
- Add fresh parsley,basil and chives.
- Cover the pot and boil the heck out of it. It’s done when the celery is no longer hard and the thick bits of cabbage are a bit translucent. The pot can cool overnight on the counter before you store it in the fridge.
EAT AND ENJOY:)
This juice is a popular one for breakfast as it gives your energy levels a boost, wakens your digestive system whilst giving your body a nutrition, yet gentle start to the day. 8 oz. mixed with 8 oz. of distilled water is usually enough to keep you going until lunchtime. If you are keen to get ’6-a-Day’ this is a pretty good start!
- 1 whole cucumber
- 4 sticks of celery
- 2-4 handfuls of spinach
- 8 lettuce leaves
- Any other greens!
- Optional boosters: parsley and fresh alfalfa sprouts
Juice all ingredients and mix 50/50 with distilled water. Add optional lemon juice to taste.
Makes 2 servings
- ½ a squash, seeds scooped out and cut into 1/2 inch pieces (if using a squash with a thick skin then peel the skin first)
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1/2-1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- A few handfuls of chopped leafy greens (spinach, chard or green cabbage)
- 1 red or green chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- Fresh juice of ½ a lemon
- Himalayan crystal salt or celtic sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or a Wok pan and gently fry the onion for a few minutes.
- Add the ginger, chilli and garlic. Cook for a minute or so, but be careful that the garlic does not get burnt as it gets bitter otherwise.
- Add the squash and a pinch of salt. Gently fry until the squash is just tender.
- Toss in your leafy greens and add in a bit of lemon juice.
- Season with pepper to taste.
A great side to any any time. Enjoy!
Sweet potatoes do not only taste good but are SOOO good for you. They are pack with string antioxidants like A ad C and also know to help to lower blood pressure and stabilize blood sugar.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion, sliced
- Two pinches of ground ginger
- Two pinches of dried chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 cup hot yeast-free/organic vegetable stock
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 3 Tbsp. fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Himalayan Crystal Salt or Celtic Sea Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. spinach leaves, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and fry for 3-4 minutes, until golden and softened.
- Add the chili flakes and ground ginger and fry for one minute, then add the sweet potato and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the stock and coconut milk. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat to simmer for 8-10 minutes, then add the coriander.
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 shallots, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 2 Tbs. EVOO
- 1 1/4 pounds maitake, shiitake, oyster, or white button mushrooms, broken into clusters or sliced (about 8 cups)
- 1/4 c nipped fresh mixed herbs such as tarragon, rosemary, basil, oregano, and/or parsley
- 1/4 tsp.coarse salt or sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. cracked black pepper
- In a large skillet cook garlic and shallots in hot oil over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add maitake mushrooms.
- Cook, carefully stirring occasionally, for 10 to 12 minutes until tender. (Button and oyster mushrooms will take a total of 6 to 8 minutes; shiitake mushrooms need only 4 minutes.)
- Stir in herbs, salt, and cracked pepper.
Loaded with antioxidant and great dish to serve with chicken, steak or veal.