Support your health:
- A person’s diet contributes significantly to preventing disease and restoring health.
- The 3 most important immune boosting food groups include: Protein, fruits & Vegetables and whole grains.
- Avoid highly processed starches and sugary (bad carbs) can help improve our health.
Tips for better health:
- Do not skip breakfast!! Start your day our right !
- Work in at least 2 servings vegetables with each meal, 2-3 fruits a day and 6 veggies.
- Limits sweets and processed foods. Choose fresh fruits, veggies and nuts for healthy snacks.
- Buy local,seasonal and fresh foods whenever possible.
Immune Boosting Broth
This recipe provides the healing benefit of roots and leafy green vegetables to help stimulate the liver and enhance immune function.
- 2 C vegetable or chicken broth (organic or home made is best)
- 4 chopped shallats
- 2 chopped carrots
- 2 stalks chopper celery
- 2 shitake ushrooms
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 ounces of organic cooking greens ( a mix of chard, collard greens, kale spinach and/or mustard greens…)
- Bring the pot of broth to a rolling boil
- Add chopped carrots, garlic,celery, shallots and mushrooms, simmer on loe heat for 10 minutes.
- Mix in cooking greens, tuen off heat.
- Let sit covered for 5 minutes
- Season with salt , pepper or dash of cayenne pepper for taste
** You may also add chicken, beef, shrimp to increase protein content if this healthy dish.
Builds powerful ligaments, tendons, cartilage and muscle.
- 2 pkgs of Knox gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 packeage of favorite herabal tea (optional)
Add the all ingredients together and ENJOY!
You can enjoy 1 to 3 cups a day!!
Hi, My old son says he can’t hear out of his right ear after taking a shower one day last week. I wonder if it’s ear wax. Is there an over the counter something he could use? I told him he should have his Dr check it out, but he is out of work, no insurance, and resists going to see the doctor. What can I do?
It sounds like you are probably right. With no fever or pain and a sudden onset of hearing loss after showering, it is probably just that , wax build up. I like to candle the ears to remove excess wax. I have found that ear candling get the excess wax out and also clears and sinus or lymphatic buildup. These can be purchased at most health markets (ie. Wild Oats, Harvest Moon…)
Murine and Debrox also makes an ear wax removal system that works well also and can be purchased at your local drug store. They are a hydrogen peroxide base solution
If pain or fever occur or the hearing is not restores then he should see a physician.
I often have patients and friends ask me what I do for my family when they are starting to come down with a cold or flu. Here are some remedies that I use in my home.
1. 3 parts apple cider vinegar (ex 3 Tbs)
1 part local honey (ex. 1 Tbs)
filtered water to dilute ( 1/3 cup)
- mix and drink hot or cold.
- The ACV thins the mucus and helps keep the body’s fluids acidic to help reduce bacteria growth in the fluids
- The honey works as a natural antibiotic.
- I usually mix up a quart jar and sip on it all day. Bragg’s is my favorite ACV to use.
2. Herbal Fever Remedy:
Mix elder, peppermint, and yarrow in equal parts
- Steep 1 to 2 tsp of the mixture in 1c hot water.
- Take it hot to bed and this will induce a sweat and the cold in caught early enough it may stop it all together. The tea will help the body handle fever and reduce achenes and inflammation.
- You can add:
- bit of honey or
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne or
- 1 cinnamon stick or
- fresh piece of ginger
3. Goldenseal help clear mucus for the the throat.
4.Berberine contains natural antibiotic properties to help prevent bacterial infections that often follow a cold.
5. Good old fashion Chicken Noodle Soup made from the whole chicken. Make sure to add onions, garlic, parley and celery which keep the liver healthy and are rich in sulfur. See the recipe under “Healthy Bites”
6 Ginger Tea in both ayurvedic and traditional Chinese medicine, ginger is considered the best remedy for colds. Drink a cup of ginger tea at least 3 times a day.
This soup will warm the heart and soul! It contains an abundance of liver loving and liver cleaning vegetables and tons of macronutrients.
- 1 whole 4-5 lb. chicken
- 16 cups cold water
- 1 onion coarsely chopped
- 1 large carrot coarsely chopped
- celery leaves, coarsely chopped
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2 whole, peeled garlic cloves
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 1 ½ cup diced celery
- 1 cup chopped green cabbage
- 1 cup finely diced onions
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced, skinned and seeded tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. dried thyme leaves
- Precooked flat noodles, or Orzo or Acini de Pepe Pasta (optional)
- ( I always use rice or quinoa pasta)
- ¼ cup finely diced parsley
- Rinse chicken thoroughly.
- Add whole, raw, chicken to stock pot along with the water, onion, carrot, celery leaves, dried thyme, pepper and garlic cloves.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 ½ hours until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- When done, remove chicken from pot.
- Strain liquid.
- When chicken is cooled, debone and cut chicken meat into small pieces.
- Put strained liquid back into stock pot.
- Add chicken, celery, cabbage, tomatoes, onions, carrots to broth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil then turn heat to simmer until vegetables are done to suit your taste (approximately 1 hour).
- Add parsley.
- Just before serving, add pre-cooked pasta.
- Makes approximately 16 cups of soup.
- Serve and enjoy the flavor